1-year-old boy sleeping electric blanket bedwetting tragedy was burned to the second degree of serious injury

The weather turned cold and many families started using warming appliances, but a toddler who just turned 1 year old in Xi’an, Shaanxi Province, mainland China, was seriously burned by an electric blanket because he wet his bed, and the picture was shocking.

The company’s main business is to promote the development of the company. (Photo/reproduced from Shanxi TV News)

The company’s main business is to promote the development of the company’s products and services.

The boy was rushed to the burn unit of Xi’an Children’s Hospital, where his wounds were diagnosed as mixed second degree, covering an area of about 10%. Fortunately, after treatment, he is currently in stable condition and no internal damage to other parts of his body has been found.

The doctor reminded parents that they should try to take care of their children, and if burns unfortunately occur, they should cut the clothing as soon as possible, not to tear the clothing causing traumatic skin damage, and quickly rinse and cool the scalded area with cold water, and look for a clean towel to wrap it and send it to a specialist hospital for consultation.

China Fire’s popular science article also reminds that regular, branded, national standard certified electric blankets should be purchased, the instructions should be strictly read when using them, folding is strictly prohibited, and electric blankets that have exceeded their service life should be stopped and replaced as soon as possible.

The article also points out that the electric blanket can not be in direct contact with the skin, do not randomly prevent the sharp hard objects, away from the humid environment, once encountered with water or wet, must be dried before reuse.