The secretary of the Atheist Society of Kenya announced his resignation because he had “found Jesus Christ.”

The National Archives reported on May 30 that Seth Mahiga, secretary of the Atheists in Kenya Society, a leading advocate of leftist cultural policies and secularism in the Christian nation, has suddenly announced that he has “found Jesus Christ” and has resigned from the organization as a result.

Mr. Mahiga, the director general of the Atheist Society of Kenya, has decided to resign from his position as secretary of the society because he has found Jesus Christ and is no longer interested in promoting atheism in Kenya,” said a statement posted on the Atheist Society’s social media account.

The association’s Twitter account also sent out a short video showing Masiga going to church on Sunday, justifying his decision to leave the secular group. Local media outlet Elevate TV shared the same clip on Facebook and wrote, “Former Atheist Society director general, Masiga confesses to Jesus Christ at Life Church International Nairobi after resigning.”

According to statistics, more than 82 percent of Kenyans are Christians, most of whom are Protestant or Catholic. Of the remaining 18 percent of the population, 11.2 percent are Muslim and 1.7 percent are traditionalists.